WONDERFUL THINGS SUPERFOODS CAN DO TO YOUR BODY!
Superfoods have been widely promoted to solve a list of well-known health problems such as stroke, overweight, heart diseases, aging, and so on. But are they really that wonderful?
Nutritional values of some superfoods
Based on their nutritional values, it is possible to concur that some superfoods might truly be wonderful. Outlined below are some common superfoods and the benefits you can derive from consuming them on a regular basis:
- Pumpkin: It is low in calories, and contains a high amount of Vitamin A and fiber.
- Salmon: Because of its ability to reduce abnormal heartbeats and cut down triglycerides—a fat-forming chemical in many foods—salmon is usually recommended by the American Heart Association. The organization expects people to consume two servings of the fish weekly (each serving is about 3.5 ounce).
- Seeds, legumes, and nuts: When you eat legumes, seeds, and nuts, you are supplying your body with proteins and unsaturated fats. Examples of these foods include walnuts, peanuts, pistachios, and unsalted almonds.
- Soy foodstuff: Whether it is soy meal, milk, butter, nut or tofu, consuming them will enrich you with fiber, Vitamins, polyunsaturated fats, and minerals. The great thing about soy foodstuff is that they are very low in saturated fats.
- Non-fat yogurt: People are sometimes encouraged to eat yogurt to replenish Vitamin D, protein, and calcium that may have been lost in their bodies. However, you should be careful about your choice, because it will be better if you go for the non-fat one.
- All kinds of berries: The most common examples of superfoods are berries, be it strawberry or blueberry. They contain appreciable amounts of phytochemicals known as flavonoids, which are popular antioxidants. Eating blueberries and strawberries can reduce the possibility of a heart attack.
- Kale: You can obtain phytochemicals, Vitamin A, potassium, and Vitamin C by consuming kale.
- Red wine & dark chocolate: These kinds of foods can provide your body with some helpful health benefits, but understand that even though dark chocolate is rich in flavonoids, it is also rich in fat and calories. And too much of red wine can destroy your health by speeding up the risk of a heart attack, liver damage, and high blood pressure.
Even though the different types of Superfoods described above can perform wonders by helping you maintain a healthy lifestyle, but it is very important that you consume them with moderation. Too much of everything, as people normally say, is bad; the same thing goes for the Superfoods!